The following terms and conditions apply to the purchase of supplies and/or services (“Services”). Upon acceptance of the Order for Service (“Estimate”) prepared by Gallo Moving & Storage, LLC (“Gallo Moving & Storage”), the purchaser (“Client”) agrees to adhere to all the provisions listed below.
- Any work or preparation that was mutually agreed to be completed by the client in advance that does not get completed before our arrival will likely result in a longer move, higher final invoice, and in some rare cases will require additional moving day (that can be scheduled based on Gallo Moving & Storage availability)
- Any additions to your inventory will require additional time and may require additional movers and/or charges or, in some rare cases, will require additional moving day (that can be scheduled based on Gallo Moving & Storage availability)
- Any unknown variables in your move details (ex drop off location parking access or # of flights of stairs) may also result in a longer move, higher final invoice, and in some rare cases, will require additional moving day (that can be scheduled based on Gallo Moving & Storage availability)
- We have a 4-hour minimum.
- An email confirmation is required for any inventory updates or date/time changes for your move. We cannot update any details by phone or in person. All requests for job updates to an already confirmed job must be made via email. This is done to ensure we both have written updates of any changes!
- For smaller 1BR and 2BR jobs, our crews are often scheduled for 2 and 3 jobs a day, so we may not always be able to accommodate additional items on moving day. We always will do our best to take as much as we can within the allotted time, but please understand that we reserve the right to take only what was initially disclosed.
- Elevator, loading dock reservations, and parking permits are the sole responsibility of the client. Any parking tickets received on moving day are the sole responsibility of the client.
- For Liability reasons:
- We will not disassemble OR re-assemble cribs, larger exercise equipment, or intricate bunk bed systems without an extra fee.
- We are not able to disconnect or reconnect appliances that require live electric connections or plumbing connections (ex, Washers, and Dryers).
- We can NOT load or unload into attics with pull-down stairs.
Our estimates are built using the information you provided during our site survey, virtual or in person, or the self-survey provided by you, as well as our years of experience, moving similar residences. Our goal is to deliver the safest, most efficient, and highest quality moving experience possible at the right price! We welcome and encourage your feedback regarding our estimate – if you have information from your previous move relating to timeframe, crew size, truck size, difficulties maneuvering certain furniture pieces, etc., please let us know as we are more than happy to revise the estimate to ensure it is as accurate as possible!
The estimate that you receive for a local/hourly move is a non-binding, general idea of how long the move will take based on the factors of the move under normal conditions. Any time over the estimate will be charged accordingly. We do our best to estimate the time frame based on the information provided. The actual move may take longer than the estimated time based on factors not disclosed, an insufficient inventory list, greater walking distance, traffic, and other unforeseen factors. We ask that clients are packed and ready to go unless the estimate includes packing services.
For Long Distance or Flat Rate quotes, pricing is an all-inclusive guaranteed Flat Fees as described in the order of service. There are zero hidden fees associated with our services*. Please note that should there be changes to inventory, load / unload conditions, # of pick-ups or drop-offs, that your quote is subject to change. If everything is as described, there will be no changes to your price.
*If you have elected additional services that charge by the hour, additional fees will apply.
- For smaller 1BR and 2BR jobs, our crews are often scheduled for 2 and 3 jobs a day, so we may not always be able to accommodate additional items on moving day. To avoid miscommunication or potential problems on moving day, please let us know as soon as possible if you have any additions or changes!
- We have a 4 hour minimum on all jobs.
- We will be in touch a few days prior to your move to re-confirm your inventory and box count so we can make any last-minute adjustments if need be. We reserve the right not to move items that were not initially disclosed and agreed upon via email.
- An email confirmation is required before we can add you to our calendar. We can not book any jobs or update any details by phone or in person. All requests for job confirmations, bookings, or updates to an already confirmed job must be made via email.
- Let us know if you have settlement times that we should be aware of, as this would have an impact on your move schedule and our estimate.
- Elevator and loading dock reservations are the sole responsibility of the client.
- Although Gallo Moving & Storage always tries to meet the scheduled start time, it is impossible to predict all of the possible variables, such as traffic and the duration of the previous move. Therefore, Gallo Moving & Storage cannot discount late arrivals.
- Local moves are billed by the hour consisting of the hourly rate, travel/truck fee, and the anticipated time range of the move. The clock starts when we arrive on-site and ends when you are satisfied with the placement of your belongings in your new residence. Long-distance and piece moves are billed at a flat rate. This is not an exhaustive list of fees. Additional fees may also apply.
- An hourly estimate is a non-binding, general idea of how long a move will take under normal conditions. The actual move may take more time than estimated due to a change in the inventory list, greater number of boxes, size and difficulty of moving certain items, greater distance, traffic, weather, undisclosed details, access to elevators/loading docks, and other unforeseen factors.
- All downtime is billable (waiting for elevator setup, property key holder is late, etc.)
- A flat fee/rate is a binding Estimate and will not change so as long as your inventory and access details are accurate.
- We reserve the right to reschedule jobs based on inclement weather. We can not operate our vehicles in unsafe conditions and put our fleet, crew, and your belongings at risk.
- For safety and liability reasons, we require a path clear of snow and ice when loading and unloading our trucks. We come prepared with shovels if needed. Please understand that if we need to shovel walkways, this time is billable at the quoted moving rate.
- We will handle all situations in a case-by-case scenario, but we must look out for everyone’s safety first, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by conditions out of our control.
Date Change and Cancellation Policy:
- Notice of cancellation must be given 24 hours prior to the day of the move.
- Cancellations on the day of the Client’s move will result in the Client being charged for the hours the crew has worked.
- Gallo Moving & Storage at any time, with or without written notice, may interrupt all or any part of the work to be performed hereunder and may make reasonable changes within the general scope of the Services. Gallo Moving & Storage shall not be liable for any costs incurred resulting from such changes or termination of Services.
- Unless you have already purchased additional coverage, your move is covered with $0.60/ lb released valuation for any damages. This means that, should anything happen to your television, the weight of the set times 0.60/lb is our obligated coverage (A damaged TV weighing 65lbs would net a reimbursement check for $39.00 – We’re very skilled movers, but in the event of damage we all know this will not help replace the TV – so please opt for additional coverage BEFOREHAND).
Exclusions to our coverage:
- Damage to any owner-packed items, cartons, or containers, including plastic storage containers with no apparent physical damage to the container itself.
- Non-delivery of a shipping package if the delivery receipt shows that all packages were delivered to the final destination.
- Loss or damage to lampshades, jewelry, watches, gemstones, cash, currency or banknotes, deeds, traveler’s checks, coin or stamp collections, sports memorabilia, alcoholic beverages, foods, medications, negotiable items, furs or garments trimmed with fur, ammunition, contraband, cigarettes, laptop or tablet computers, mobile or cellular telephones.
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, deterioration, changes in climatic conditions, mold and mildew, infestations, pre-existing damages, or inherent vice.
- The functionality of any TV’s, stereos, computers, or other electronic equipment unless the client has tested the equipment for our crew leader prior to moving AND there is no visible physical damage to the unit in question or the box it was transported in.
- Electrical or mechanical malfunctioning coverage may be available for a nominal additional premium. If such coverage is purchased, it is required that any electrical or mechanical item covered by this insurance must be inspected at origin and destination by movers, with a specific note on the carrier’s inventory indicating the operable condition of this item. Failure to do so will cause a denial of the claim in case of loss and/or damage to the items and will not constitute a refund for this insurance coverage. Any item inventoried by the mover as MCU (mechanical condition unknown) will not be covered.
- Damage to any furniture constructed of any type of veneered chipboard, particleboard, MDF —medium density fiberboard, composite board, or similar. Any reduction in quality thereof arising as the result of dismantling or re-assembling of any such items of furniture is also excluded.
- Wrinkled or soiled clothing, linens, drapes, or rugs.
- Items not listed on the movers’ inventory prepared at origin. Items not shipped are not insured.
- Marring, scratching, denting, chipping, or rubbing on items that have been received by the carrier as previously damaged.
- Real Estate property damage and/or any service-related issues, including but not limited to mover and customer agreements, shipment delays, etc.
- Minor drywall and paint damage are not covered. It is inevitable that minor scratches, dings, and dents will occur from time to time, particularly from moving large items in and around tight stairwells and hallways.
- Damage or loss to any items listed or specifically excluded on the moving company’s Order for Service, Bill of Lading, or Waiver Forms.
- Any damages caused as a result of these being in the shipment: hazardous materials, items that are flammable, corrosive, or explosive; perishables: food, plants, or living things that may die or spoil in transit
- Contributory negligence on the part of the owner and/or their agents. Damages or loss are attributed to an act, order, or omission on the part of the shipper.
- Loss or damage to any items or shipment that contains non-household items or items that are considered for commercial, industrial, or non-household use, including merchandise for sale or exhibition.
- LIABILITY OF COMPANY: We are responsible only for our own negligence. We assume no liability of any kind of loss or damage to goods caused by weather, bug or rodent infestation, rust, deterioration, an Act of God, an act of governmental agency or public enemy, or any other causes beyond our control.
- CONTENTS OF FURNITURE/CONTAINERS: We assume no liability for the contents of drawers, containers, or other items of similar nature. All contents should be removed from items prior to the move.
- ELECTRONICS: We assume no liability for the electrical and/or mechanical function of any and all electronics, whether or not our employees pack them. We recommend electronics to be serviced by a qualified service company.
- MECHANICAL ITEMS: We assume no liability for the mechanical function of any and all mechanical devices, including pianos, jukeboxes, phonographs, etc., whether or not our employees pack them. We recommend mechanical items to be serviced by a qualified service company.
- OVERSIZE ITEMS: We assume no liability for damage to oversize items that do not fit through doorways or hallways properly. We also assume no liability for damage to doorways and/or hallways that are damaged due to oversize items.
Furniture and Packing Care:
- Gallo Moving & Storage will not be held responsible for damages to items the Client chooses to not have padded and/or shrink-wrapped.
- Gallo Moving & Storage will not be held responsible for damages to items or property when the Client chooses to have force applied to items during the course of a move.
- Gallo Moving & Storage does its best to point out previous furniture damage and can not be held responsible for any item that is damaged prior to moving.
- Due to a lack of structural integrity, Gallo Moving & Storage is not liable for damage that occurs to any furniture made of pressed wood or particleboard.
- Gallo Moving & Storage will not be held responsible for damages to items within boxes not packed by Gallo Moving & Storage unless physical damage is done to the box during the move.
- Gallo Moving & Storage will not be held responsible for large (8 sq. ft. or greater) fragile items that are required to be created in order to move the item safely (i.e., works of art/statues, slabs of marble/granite, panes of glass/mirrors, etc.). If the Client should choose to have Gallo Moving & Storage move such item, it will be at the Client’s risk.
- The client must notify Gallo Moving & Storage of any items of extraordinary value ($100 per pound or greater) that will be handled by Gallo Moving & Storage. These items must be packed by Gallo Moving & Storage or by the Client in the presence of the Gallo Moving & Storage Crew Leader. These items must be explicitly listed on the Bill of Lading and acknowledged by Gallo Moving & Storage and the Client via signatures.
- All fragile items must be packed and labeled appropriately. Gallo Moving & Storage reserves the right to pack any items not already packed and will charge the Client for time and materials. Gallo Moving & Storage is not responsible for any items the client chooses not to have boxed.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to be packed and ready to go on moving day, unless they are using our packing services. Extra charges/time may apply if the Client is not packed or is still packing.
- Scheduling elevator times is the Client’s responsibility prior to the day of the move.
- Any changes to the Client’s move (additional items or boxes, location changes, etc.) should be brought to Gallo Moving & Storage attention as early as possible. Failure to do so may result in the move taking longer than the estimated time frame.
- The client must notify Gallo Moving & Storage if a Certificate of Insurance (COI) is required by the buildings they are moving out of and into as soon as possible, but at least 72 hours in advance of a move.
Please understand the following terms and conditions:
- We cannot move: Propane or other pressurized tanks, fireworks and other explosives, house paints, gas or oils, household cleaners (ex bleach), or any perishable foods.
- Larger, awkward-shaped fragile items such as lamps/lampshades, larger pictures/mirrors should be boxed in specialty boxes made for those items. If you choose not to box these items properly, Gallo Moving & Storage will do its best to protect the items with pads. However, we will not be held liable for damages without the proper packaging.
- You must make arrangements with us to move fragile itemsprior to your move so that we can be sure to bring the proper supplies to move them. Fragile items include artwork, sculptures, glass, lamps, etc. Any additional supplies used to move fragile items will be charged accordingly.
- Moving is a cooperative effort of both the customer and the movers. Thus, to ensure a quick and efficient move, please make sure you are packed, organized, and ready to go; that all furniture is empty and free of all items; that all fragile items are packed, including artwork and lamps; that all boxes are taped; and that all furniture is disassembled prior to our arrival. *Additional time should be considered if you would like the movers to disassemble and/or re-assemble any furniture.
- Do not over-pack boxes. They should not weigh more than 50 lbs each. Small boxes should only contain fragile items, books, etc. Medium boxes should only contain clothing, lamps, miscellaneous items, etc. Large boxes should not be heavy and only contain pillows, linens, etc.
- Gallo Moving & Storage can not be held liable for owner-packed boxes. Because the packing method used by the client is unknown, we can not warrant damages done to owner-packed belongings unless the box was dropped by our movers. If you can hear rattling or glass clanging when carrying a box, that means additional paper or bubble wrap is needed!
- Our schedule is based on the initial estimate we send over (or mutually agreed upon revisions). In the event you have additional items to move, a longer than expected walk, or elevator issues, we will do everything we can to complete the job as originally estimated. We can not guarantee that we can extend the job past our originally estimated time frame unless our schedule allows it. We can also not guarantee a return trip in the event the additional inventory items do not fit on the originally scheduled truck. We reserve the right to add additional movers to your move if deemed necessary by an unforeseen increase in inventory.
- Gallo Moving & Storage will not mount flat-screen TVs or wall coverings.
- Gallo Moving & Storage will not transport clients, live animals, hazardous (including but not limited to chemicals, paint, fuel, firearms, and ammunition), or perishable items.
- Gallo Moving & Storage promotional offers and discounts cannot be combined.
- Gallo Moving & Storage reserves the right to refuse to move any item that is not specifically mentioned in the Client’s inventory.
- GYM EQUIPMENT: Gallo Moving & Storage will not dismantle oversized gym equipment (treadmills, home gyms, elliptical). If you feel it will be necessary to break down such equipment to get it in and out of your house, this will need to be done ahead of time by the client. We can also arrange for a 3rd party company to come in and properly break down and/or re-assemble your equipment for an additional charge.
- CLAIMS: All damage claims must be made in writing within 90 days and accompanied by a paid receipt as proof of purchase. The damage claim must include pictures and a description of the alleged damage. We have the right to inspect and repair any alleged damage, and if we are not able to do so, we have the right to hire a service professional to make the repairs.
- AGREEMENT: If you agree to these terms, this shall become a contract for services at the rates stated and will represent the entire agreement of the parties hereto. It shall apply to all additional services rendered by the company for the owner. Only an officer of the company, owner, or partner has the power to modify the terms and conditions of this contract, and then only in writing. We shall not be bound by any other promise or representation.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT: Payment must be made in full per the payment method specified when the job is completed. The driver will collect payment at the final destination. Cash, check, or major credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express) are accepted.
- COLLECTION: If for any reason this matter is referred for collection, the customer is responsible for all costs, including but not limited to agency fees, attorney fees or forty percent of the amount of our claim, and court costs.
Invoicing and Payment:
As full consideration for the Services provided, the Client will tender payment to Gallo Moving & Storage (“Fee”). All charges shall be invoiced upon completion of Services. If Client is not providing payment prior to or at time of performance of Services, Client agrees to make full payment upon completion of Services. Failure of Client to make payment for Services may result in collections proceedings, legal proceedings, and any other remedies afforded Gallo Moving & Storage by law. Notice of any disputes regarding the Services or Fee should be provided in writing as soon as possible, but no later than seven (7) days following the conclusion of the Services. Client agrees that failure to raise a timely dispute shall be deemed a waiver of their right to dispute the Fee, and Client shall promptly owe the full Fee owed to Gallo Moving & Storage as invoiced.
No warranties express or implied are made by Gallo Moving & Storage.
The Client hereby agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Gallo Moving & Storage from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, and judgments, including attorney fees, and all other costs and expenses which may be incurred by reason of loss or damage to property or by reason of injury or death of any person directly resulting from or caused by the negligent acts or omissions of the Client and/or his/her agents, officers, employees, or any person acting on behalf of Client during the performance of Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the act or omission of Gallo Moving & Storage is a factor contributing to any claim for which Gallo Moving & Storage seeks indemnity hereunder, the respective liabilities of the parties to one another regarding such claim shall be in proportion to the relative fault of the parties.
Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL GALLO MOVING & STORAGE SOLUTION’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER EXCEED THE COST OF THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, INDEMNITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GALLO MOVING & STORAGE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER SUCH INDIRECT DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
For any dispute that may arise, Gallo Moving & Storage and the Client agree to seek an amicable resolution of such dispute through good faith negotiations. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, which can’t be resolved through good faith negotiations, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In the event any provision of this agreement is rendered unenforceable by law, this agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such provision had not been included herein, and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby.