When picking the right type of box for packing, you would want to pick a box that is strong, with corrugated cartons and covers. Not every moving company has the ability to provide boxes, but we do provide you with quality packaging options. The added protection of mover-provided cartons may avoid damage that results from the use of poor-quality packing materials.
When actually packing your items, it is a good idea to come up with a plan to effectively and efficiently pack everything.
Begin by packing each room, one at a time. Pacing yourself is important and it also helps when it comes time to unpack your belongings.
Begin packing well in advance of the moving date. Pack a couple of boxes a day, labeling each box which side is up, designated room, and box number.
Notify your mover if you have any fragile items and keep extra filling material handy.
Pack your items with heavier items towards the bottom of the box, keeping in mind that the boxes should not exceed a 50-pound limit.
Here’s a list a packing supplies that will come in handy —
- Plastic bags and labels for easy identification.
- Foam peanuts, Styrofoam pellets or “popcorn.”
- Tissue or craft paper for delicate packing jobs.
- Corrugated paper rolls for figurines and fragile items.
- Gummed tape (1 1/2 to 2 inches wide) and/or strong twine for sealing cartons.
- Markers and labels for identifying contents of cartons.
- Notebook and pencil for carton identification log.
- Scissors and/or sharp knife.